Louis F. Britton
Attorney at Law
Louis was admitted to the bar in 1977. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in Bloomington, IN and received his Bachelor of Arts Summa Cum Laude from Indiana University. He began practicing law at Cox, Zwerner, Gambill & Sullivan, LLP, in 1977. His primary practice areas include: Real Estate, Commercial Transactions, Municipal Law, and Wills, Trusts, and Probate.
Some of Mr. Britton’s representative clients are: Sisters of Providence of St. Mary of-the-Woods, Thralls Station Regional Sewer District, Newport Chemical Depot Reuse Authority, Terre Haute Redevelopment Commission, Clay County Redevelopment Commission, Parke County Redevelopment Commission, Clinton Redevelopment Commission, and Shelburn Redevelopment Commission.
Louis is a member of Indiana State and American Bar Associations. He is also a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Order of the Coif. As a law student, he was a member of the National Moot Court Team.
Louis is the author of Drafting Wills and Related Matters and State and Federal Income Tax Credits for Historic Preservation for the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum.
Louis was born in Terre Haute, Indiana on March 5th, 1953. Louis and his wife, Debra L. Britton, were married in 1976, and have three children: Louis J. Britton, Laura E. Lee, and Leslie L. Britton.
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. – 1977
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Member, National Moot Court Team
- Indiana University
- B.S. – 1974
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Honors: With Distinction
- Indiana, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1977
- Drafting Wills and Related Matters, ICLEF, 1991
- State and Federal Income Tax Credits for Historic Preservation, ICLEF, 1994
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Terre Haute Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Business Law
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Environmental Law
- Insurance Defense
- Landlord - Tenant
- Local, State & Federal Taxation
- Municipal Law
- Public Finance
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Abatement
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Administration
- Fellow, Indiana Bar Foundation